ISCA - June 15th, 2014
The PinPlay team presented the PinPoints tutorial using Sniper as a [Tutorial at ISCA 2014]. Their tutorial is a good place to start to learn about how to create your own Pinballs and PinPoints for use with Sniper.
Download Pinballs for full runs and PinPoints
Terms and Conditions for Use
These are checkpoints (Pinballs) for entire runs and representative regions (PinPoints) of SPEC CPU2006 reference runs. They are intended to be used as input to Pintools written with Pin-based record/replay toolkit for reproducible analysis.
Please refer to the SPEC Fair Use Rules before using these checkpoints. If used as the basis for prediction of SPEC run time or a SPEC metric, any results published must be very clearly tagged as “Estimated” or “Estimated by simulation of pinballs for representative simulation regions (PinPoints)”.
- Compiler for building CPU2006 benchmarks: gcc 4.3, 64-bit, -O2 -g
- PinPlay version: pre-release version based on Pin kit pin-2.12-55942-gcc.4.4.7-linux
- SimPoint: version 3.2
- Sniper (for validation): Pre-release 4.2
By downloading these Pinballs, you confirm that you agree to the license policy outlined above.
SPEC CPU 2006
- Pinballs in Pinplay 1.1 format (Sniper 5.2+, compatible with PinPlay 3.7 and lower.)
- Pinballs in Pinplay 1.0 format (Sniper <= 5.1)